Answer: DTN IQFeed is a native Windows application. If you want to use DTN IQFeed on an operating system other than Windows, you must have an emulator, dual boot setup, or some other means of running a native Windows application within your operating system.
If you don’t currently have a way to run Windows applications on your non-Windows operating system, DTN recommends the third-party program CrossOver, and offers a rebate for its purchase.
Contact email@example.com for full details.
A 14-day free trial version can be downloaded by clicking here. Be sure to download the correct version of your operating system.
- Launch CrossOver
- Click Install A Windows Application
- When asked to Select an Application to install: type DTN
- Select DTN IQFeed
- Click Continue
- Review the screen below and make sure it says CrossOver will install in a new Windows 10 64-bit bottle
- Click Install
- The Windows Install process for DTN IQFeed will begin
- Follow the on-screen instructions
To launch DTN IQFeed under CrossOver must follow these steps, in the following order.
- Within CrossOver, select the DTN IQFeed bottle under Bottles
- You many need to click on the three bottles icon at the top left to make the left pane visible
- Double Click Run Command
- In the Command line, type iqconnect
- Click Run
- The IQ Connect login box will come up, but the Connect button will be grayed out
- Open one of the IQFeed applications to make the Connect button active
- Examples: Charts, Market Depth, Market Scan, News, etc.
- Enter your login and password
- Click on Connect
- If you use a 3rd party software, you may now login